ECMTB Work Day at Nine Mile River Trail - Monday Oct.12

What/where is the cob? I live close to nine mile so I’m always looking for other trails near by

I think the “proper” name as far as Trailforks goes is Grant Road trails. But it’s always been “The Cob” to me. Maybe @TheBuilder can set us straight?

It was always known as The Cob to me, and I’m very sure that came directly from Ken

1 Like

Long time no comm’s :grimacing: howse y’all getting on?.. life has taken me away from biking and the trails (at least for now) but I’ll be glad to “officially confirm” :sunglasses: the origins of the name.

It was originally called Flight Path because of the overhead traffic but I wanted to pay homage to the history of the area. The main trail from the end of Grant Rd. was the original road from Truro to Halifax pre-1840’s. So I named it The Cobequid Rd. Trail. I believe it was Mike Phillips that nicknamed it The Cob and it stuck… cool with me, I’m just glad people are still enjoying it. :slightly_smiling_face:

It would be nice if someone(s) would take stewardship of The Cob to keep it around and maybe put their own stamp on it … building that trail was a 5 year super cool odyssey and accomplishment and I would encourage anyone to give it a try.

3 Likes

We could have a work day at the Cob…

1 Like

I went and tried to go for a ride there yesterday, only made it a few hundred meters and there were some massive puddles covering the entire trail so I decided to go to nmr and try this one out another day. I’d gladly try and get out for a work day there

Hey Ken, good to hear from you, thanks for the low down. Hope you’re well and please PM me any time if you want to go for a ride!

1 Like