Fat bike set-up

Damn now have to search for an XL…if any one sees on let me know.

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll check it out this afternoon for the maiden Fattie ride :grin:

3 Likes

My brother is heading into Halifax cycle today to get a kns fatty… I might stick my head in with him I’ll see what roger has in stock

2 Likes

I think you ment KHS. I test rode the 1000$ model, forget the name. The steering was garbage, the weight of the wheel was always falling over. It was like riding witg grocery bags on each arm. I suggest test riding other models even if they are out of your price range to compare. I was super stoked by the price…but understood why once I tested other bikes.

1 Like

Was that the gold one?. I know Halifax cycle sells two by khs. Theres a gold one that’s 1300 and s turquoise blue one which is 1800 ish

I did some googling, I think it was a KHS 4 SEASON 500…but the frames on them all look the same style just different builds.

Was it the bike, or the tire pressure? Fat bikes are prone to steering issues when running low pressure on hard surfaces (floors, roads, granite, etc.), but it’s amazing for trail.

I test rode 3 brands, KHS, Giant Yukon and Specialized Fatboy. All had the same PSI and test rode on the same terrain. Only the KHS had that feeling.

1 Like

Where is this 1.5 km of new single track?

I can tell you in the morning.

1 Like

I think you’ll have some company in the morning. I can show you the new section of trail.

1 Like

Right on man. Hope to seeya there

An XL Giant Yukon was just posted in the Nova Scotia mountain bike classified group on Facebook

1 Like

Hmm I think that giant was posted a while back actually and was taken down. Maybe to let the post rest

Hi my Giant Large Yukon I’m having the best luck in fresh snow at 4psi front and 6psi rear…crazy traction.

Thanks for the heads up but managed to find a 2021 Blizzard 20 from Mikes Bikes in XL. It is a big long bike… way longer wheel base than my Nomad :flushed:

12 Likes