Favorite Christmas movies

Die Hard is a good Christmas movie.

Hellooo everybody out there on the WWW,
Da wife (Jenn, for those who don’t know her) said to me a couple of weeks back, that the Oxford was going to start showing by request movies on Sundays at 1pm. So I looked into it…
Da wife and I don’t get out much, alone, since da kid (Abby) was born. The problem is finding babysitting. Would you trust your child with the under 16 year old kids we have today? The last kid we had babysit should have erased the history off the computer is all I’m sayin’…
Anyway I arranged with the neighbor to take the Abster while Jenn and I took in ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’. The old black and white movie with James Stewart. We arrived at the theater a little early because we wanted to make sure we got a good seat. We did. The place was empty. We were a little worried because we thought the by request old movie was a great idea. Every other city has some kind of a repetoire movie theatre that is dedicated to Foriegn and old film. It did fill up within 10 minutes though. The manager announced that in the next 6 weeks they would only be playing academy award winners, The Godfather, Bridge over the River Kwai and stuff like that. The whole place cheered the guy off the floor.
It’s a Wonderful Life is a movie that da wife and I have watched every Christmas since we met. The original Scrooge with Alistar Sim as well. It was great to see this movie on the big screen for the first time in a classic old theatre like the Oxford. This was original film. Not digitally enhanced 80mm 3d shit. It was enjoyed by everyone young and old. I heard people laughing out loud and I even heard people sniffling at the end. I may have had a tear well up inside me somewhere as well. It was a great experience. I planned it and surprised da wife with it and in a perverse sideways master plan I have just created riding brownie points to keep me riding all winter.
I guess the point of this post is to find out what your fav. Christmas movies are. Let’s hear what ya got…
Peace

bad santa, it kicks ass. it’s also one of my mothers faves.

A Christmas Story, hands down . You’ll shoot your eye out!

I have to get Bad Santa. Haven’t seen it yet. A Christmas Story is Jenn’s favorite, or at least one of 'em. We watched it with Abby Friday night.

hey tom i will warn you bad santa isn’t recommended for children. a better movie for when the kids are in bed with dreams of sugarplums in their heads. (lol)

hey tom i will warn you bad santa isn’t recommended for children. a better movie for when the kids are in bed with dreams of sugarplums in their heads. (lol)
That’s probably why we haven’t watched it. Da wife is the ratings expert in our home…

A Christmas Story, hands down . You’ll shoot your eye out!
I, Agree!! Fra geeee lay…hey Sue remember me drawing that in Pictionary last year and you guessing it?!! LOL

I watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation every year - doesn’t matter if you’re a Grinch or an Elf, this movie is absolutely hilarious!

instead of waiting for it to come on TV, and them cuttingout some of the better stuff, I went to HMV and bought a 4 Lampoon movie set for $10, yes I wrote that correct $10!!!

Sherry, we did indeed rock the Pictionary universe that night. That was awesome.

Barry, I saw that movie a few nights ago for the first time ever. I’m such a TV luddite!