Flipside/Farside

Dry enough to ride yet? I think we are getting showers tonight. Has anyone been through the longer Susie Lake loop?

We did the short lake loop on Tuesday night. It was near perfect…just a few puddles in the usual places. I’d say the full loop and farside should be the same.

1 Like

Did the longer loop last night, was wet in a few spots but surprisingly not bad. Still a bit of soft snow/ice in spots.

I rode Flipside on Tuesday…The trail was great, a bit of snow towards the end, but not a big deal. The ride up from Lakeside was a slog as were the powerlines in spots on the way out.

2 Likes

Hey, someone said “hi” to me by name at the trail head tonight as we were going in with the dogs. J & I realized we were jerks and didn’t ask or put face/name/sm handle together.

Was it you? Know who it was? Thanks for the heads up on the wildlife. It’s always appreciated. Especially since a bear was spotted in that area (on the BLT) not too long ago!

@Sarah are you on Strava? Go to “view flyby” and it will show you who was there around the same time. Well, anyone else with Strava that is.

1 Like

I am - their ride was just finishing as we were heading in so flybys didn’t catch it unfortunately.

I rode DaMinion/ Farside/ Death March and Scotch on the Rocks this morning and passed a couple riding at the trailhead. Funny, I thought I was a bit of a jerk for not stopping to chat. I also took note of all the blueberry stains on the granite during that ride. Scout wasn’t with me, far to warm for him. I also know that Stephen Pelham was planning on riding there tonight, whether he did or not, I won’t know until I ride with him tomorrow.

1 Like

There was a coyote sighting on Flipside last night so keep your eyes open and ride safe

1 Like

I was in there with a buddy last night. I think you’re on my flyby. We didn’t actually cross paths though.

This person went through before us and mentions someone had spotted a coyote in his ride description.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s likely who it was. Thanks.