Frozen Freehubs Fatbike Fest - February 24th

Pics from yesterday. This area is usually never affected by weather nor does it get rutted normally.

Well, thatā€™s pretty douchey.:frowning:

So who is going to do the alternative ride? Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll go. Anyone else from Metro? @Chris_Dwyer-perkins @IanM_MTB

Nay, coaching from 10-noon. Earliest I could get to the valley is 1:30pm, and even then itā€™s a bit of a stretch. Have fun!

Looking to do a ride on Sunday morning though, location TBD. Likely rail trail or road. Maybe McDonald Sports Park main trails, no singletrack.

This sucks! I was there Tuesday early morning it wasnā€™t like that and was solid icy ground all over but I was still being careful on where to roll on the gorge and stick to just the double tracks. I didnā€™t even hesitated to roll on skills cause wooden ramp where really slippery.

@IanM_MTB should be hero dirt in Halifax on Sunday. Subzero temps tonight and through the day tomorrow. Hit the woods while it lasts.

3 Likes

Yeees hoping for frozen dirt tomorrow iā€™m itchin

@blu Iā€™m with Ian. We are likely going to turn it into a cardio day and go for distance. Might even pull the studded tires off and start hitting the road more. What a shitty winter.

1 Like

Shubie was good last night. I didnā€™t go down either, I figured too wet. Let me know about tomorrow. I did walk Spider today and itā€™s too wet, a longer freeze would be needed.

@Chris_Dwyer-perkins itā€™s awesome if youā€™re a roadie. Hopefully it will be an early spring and we can all stop bitching and ride.

McDonald Sports Park is in good condition on the main trails. Soft but solid, if that makes sense. Should be ideal tomorrow if nowhere else is worth riding. Hopefully Gore early morning.

2 Likes