Getting a tire on a sun rhyno lite

This rim seems like a major pain in the ass to mount tires on. this is as far as I can get my tire on the rim, the tire lever feels like it’s about to snap.

any tricks to getting tires on these damn things?

all i had to do was post online that I couldn’t do it and try one last time. this time using hot water and dish soap.

That happens with my car. The noises go away as soon as I bring it to my mechanic…

Sprinkle a little baby powder inside the tire. You’ll be shocked how much easier it makes getting them on and off.

You’d also be suprised how far a tire lever will bend before breaking. Just giver.

I have the Quick Stick and find that the extra length and girth helps in muscling a tire on or off. I bought mine at MEC but there website doesn’t list them. Still may be available there, if not a quick Google will hook you up…

that’s the exact same one I was using, I wouldn’t have been able to get it on without one

From the picture you posted it looks like you’re trying to put both beads on the rim at the same time. Are you sure you’re doing it right? I have a set of Rhyno Lites on one of my bikes and I rarely if ever use tire levers.

I’m pretty sure, I tried doing both at once first, and there was no way in hell that was going to work.

Definitely one bead at a time.

I put the same type of tire on my crappy stock front rim, and it ook about 2 minutes. it was a million times easier to mount.

I almost never use levers, even at the shop on the really tough ones. Funny thing, those big levers take up precious space between the bead and the rim! Anywho, I always make sure the bead is resting right in the middle of the rim, where there is more room, not up against the side. Then, I use my hand to pull the tire away from the rim at the last spot, and usually work the bead in no sweat with my pals, or if it’s real bad, my thumbs. Hard to describe, but easy to show. Works like a charm.

Those Rhyno Lites are a little deeper and beefier. I just mounted one last night after building a better rear wheel. Mounted no worries.

And even after all this, there really are just some really annoying rim/tire combos out there.

[quote=“Rally_Kia”]I almost never use levers, even at the shop on the really tough ones. Funny thing, those big levers take up precious space between the bead and the rim! Anywho, I always make sure the bead is resting right in the middle of the rim, where there is more room, not up against the side. Then, I use my hand to pull the tire away from the rim at the last spot, and usually work the bead in no sweat with my pals, or if it’s real bad, my thumbs. Hard to describe, but easy to show. Works like a charm.

Those Rhyno Lites are a little deeper and beefier. I just mounted one last night after building a better rear wheel. Mounted no worries.

And even after all this, there really are just some really annoying rim/tire combos out there.[/quote]

Yeah, but you are Popeye!