Glove reccomendos?

I just got some Fox Ranger, nice gloves but only 2 rides on them and the wear is a bit concerning

1 Like

my rangers got a rip in the index finger on the second ride. I do really like the padding on them though.

are they ranger gels?

I am not to sure.

is there a separate padded section sewn on the palm?

1 Like

Ahh. Yes. My bad.

1 Like

I am in the same camp as @brightwhite and @streetgang. Light weight and minimal. I like slip-ons with a 1 piece palm, I can’t stand the feeling of stitching in the palm. I used to have a stock pile of One Industries slip-on gloves but I have since blown through them all and now wear 100% Celium gloves in and I still have a couple pairs of 100% i-track gloves in rotation but they are getting pretty worn.

2 Likes

Another fan of minimal, grippy well ventilated gloves. My two current favorites are the Endura Hummvee lite and the Seven protection (7iDP) Transition. Both are stretchy and comfortable. An XL size is also a true XL.

1 Like

I think the head of the fox does not hold the same standards as the tail.

3 Likes

From my personal experience, I world advise to not bother with the Fox Ranger. Had a pair tear out along the seam of the velcro wrist strap on both gloves within a summer season. Btw, I’m also going to follow this for recommendations.

Couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice guys. I spent quite a bit of time with needle and thread so my gloves are currently serviceable again for now.
Will probably pick up a couple new pairs to have in rotation-the Callus definitely looks like a nice option-will try to pick up a pair if they fit ok.

2 Likes

They have small through xxl!

apparently Fox is replacing my Rangers so good on them

3 Likes

For anyone looking for Fox gloves head over to Procycle in Dartmouth crossing. I was there yesterday and they have a full rack (adult and youth) available.

2 Likes

I ended up Getting a pair of callus gloves, and have been riding with them exclusively the past couple months. So far no complaints, they fit and breathe well. I can’t speak to the durability yet, no big wipeouts or accidental tree punches yet. The lightweight back fabric of the index finger and thumb are getting quite piled/fuzzy- presumably from grasping Velcro stuff- hopefully won’t develop into a bigger problem.
So far I would recommend them

1 Like

I use Fox Ranger Gels both mountain biking and BMX at the park, they have taken a beating and have held up.

I’ve been using the dirt paws for the past few years and have no complaints so far.

100% picking up a pair of these asap.

2 Likes