Gorefest

so first off, gorefest is being held at the end of the month this year. july 26, 27 to be precise. you can get all the gorey details at ridegore.ca/. any way just wanted to give a heads up that there are a few changes to the event from years past. it is now a 6 hour event the feed back from last year was good enough to maintain the time frame for this year. mike has a band slated to play on saturday night as part of the entertainment. fees structures have changed slightly with the biggest difference being that there will be a general admission charge or weekend pass of 35 dollars for non competitors. this covers camping, saturday entertainment, trail rides and the pig roast dinner.

weekend update from gore. there was some serious trail work done over the weekend and a lot of roots have gone missing. mike has dragged a stump grinder thru some of the trials, making a big difference on several sections. as well tom and i have done a serious buff on the bermed corner section of the hurricane. end result the trails are in great shape.

as well the camping fee has been dropped to 25 bucks.

Any pre-rides in the evening this week? I think I would have the fitness to endure the 6h solo, but I don’t have much in the way of technical skill (even with the roots removed!). Trying the course out would be interesting if it worked out. I’ve never been there, so I might have to wait for an open ride day.

have not heard that anything is planned for evening rides as of yet. but what you may want to consider is going up on saturday and take in all the events going on, do some trail riding to check things out and then pitch a tent and enjoy the nightlife with a cold beverage.

Open ride days are usually the first Sunday of the month Adam so if you don’t make it over there this weekend I’d be up for a road trip.

Ride days are usually posted here: https://www.facebook.com/ridegore