Gorge XC Races - July 30 / 31 plus group rides (lots of dates!)

July 30 - 31, 2022 Provincial XCO Races

Come test your skills and fitness with a fun cross country mountain bike race at The Gorge in Kentville, NS on July 30 and 31.

We’ll have categories for riders of all ages and abilities - everyone is welcome!

Planning on attending the Kentville Canada Cup in August? This event is a great opportunity to lean the trails and get back in the groove of racing. We’l be running a slightly shorter, less demanding course then we’ll run at the Canada Cup to help you warm up for the big show!

Saturday July 30
Community Fun Race
*On Mini Course with onsite registration. By donation (recommended $5 - $10)
U9 - 10AM Start
U11- 10AM Start

U13 Beginner- 10:45AM Start
Open 13+ Novice - 10:45AM Start

Sunday July 31
U13- 10AM Start. $15
U15- 10AM Start. $20
Sport- 10AM Start. $25

U17- 11:30AM Start. $25
Expert- 11:30AM Start. $40
Elite- 11:30AM Start. $40
Masters 40+ - 11:30AM Start $40

Guided pre-rides:

• July 23 at 11:00AM
  • July 27 at 6:30PM
  • July 30 at 1:00PM
7 Likes

Maps are promised. The lap for Saturday’s races is super fun and welcoming for newer riders. No reason not to give it a try. Sundays lap is has a great mix that will be both a challenge ad good time!

I’ve got a good head start on the course marking and should have it all wrapped up tomorrow. I think you can follow the arrows around the big lap right now but the turn off’s for the shorter courses are not up yet.

For any one looking for a guided ride I’ll be at the parking lot for 11:00 and would be glad to show you around the site.

4 Likes

Registration is up for Sundays races: Gorge XC MTB Race 2022 | Zone4.ca

For those looking for Saturday - you sign on at the trail when you arrive. No race license needed for Saturday but you will need one for Sundays events.

1 Like

If you needed any more motivation to come out here it is!

3 Likes

The Canadian championships coming here will hopefully be great for cycling throughout Atlantic Canada. With the boosted attention from the media and sports organizations hopefully we can increase the awareness of cycling and its potential here in the maritimes and will see increased funding and infrastructure investment to support cycling.

1 Like

Bike race today! Youth and novice races, fun laps at a discount rate. Come and get 'em!

3 Likes