Heated Gloves Update

Okay, so far loving the heated gloves from Power in Motion. Great company to deal with. I have a second battery to add to the system and they have added a light as well. 900 lumen. Don’t know how accurate it is, but brighter than my Serfas Tru 500, which is a great light. The whole system can run off the same batteries.

In communication with the company owner, they are also adding a USB port to the next gen batteries to power your smart phone and heated socks. As well they are adding a bike bag to carry the batteries if you wish or a belt unit. All very nice.

Very neat system. And I was able to try it out on a ride; it works very well! I can imagine it’s a godsend when commuting in windy conditions.

At this point all I need is a bike that works well and comfort for commuting. And these things bring me comfort, which means I will be riding when it is crazy damn cold out. And really, though the cost is high, for me, it is like three tanks of gas. So it sells itself.

My concern when buying it was would the cost be justified. I think it is when I am crossing the bridge with a -20C windchill. Br…

I certainly don’t mind letting people try them out as well.

I had heated ODI grips, and the road salt killed them right off quickly. Shorted out, buttons went, LED’s pooped the bed. Such a great idea, but better for MTBing than commuting in Nova Scotia. Too bad, as they were awesome. Now, this looks promising. Works on any bike, as they are gloves, not permanent grips. Keeps the hands toasty on any bar/grip combo, not just flat bars. I would spend $400 for warm hands, some days. What is the retail on those puppies? Cause 3 tanks of gas is a lot, if we are talking about my old Ramcharger…

I ordered them and after tax and shipping they were $200 for the one battery system. That gives you the gloves, the wire harness, the charger and the 12v battery. I wrote about them on my blog: http://ianloughead.blogspot.com/

The wired system is nice as it is easy to set up and light on the hands. I now have 2 batteries and it is nice as well, though an extra $60. But you get up to 3 hours of run time.

It is still a small company, but this 4th generation technology, so they seem really robust. And it is nice that you can use them for skiing, showshoeing, ect… They are liners, so they should last quite awhile once you put a decent pair of water proof gloves on top. I am using my old Louis Garneau Lobster mitts mostly, which are pretty worn out stuffing wise, but great for riding.

You can buy the grips separately, so if you saved the battery and the charger…

But can you take them skiing? :wink: