HRM New Years' Day Ride

The lady that flatted was Kaarin, and she had borrowed lola’s hardtail and I think there was a slow leak. My flat was just due to excitement I think. I just grinned and rode like an idiot through some rocky stuff and pinched.

I forgot what changing tubes was like having rode tubeless for so long! Dang tubeless needed to be pumped up too often though. I think I’d like tires that were just filled with foam. No pumping, no flatting. Just pick the density you want and go!

Great ride everyone! After being off the bike for over a month I was amazed that I rode three hours! I love winter riding in NS! Now if only my new bike would arrive!

Happy Trails kids… See you out there (Hopefully Wednesday evening at 7!)
What is your need ride?

There will be a ride at Spider Lake starting at 12 noon New Years Day. Anyone interested more than welcome!!!

Chinese horoscope says that a new years day bike ride brings a full year of good luck!!!

Interesting. Sounds like the right time and place.

I might even show up early for an extra lap or two of the Replicator. http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/b691cfd07d8181059f8a4b041d534cc4.gif

Tommyboy? lola? Anyone?

You’re just going to go early to stash some beverages in the snow aren’t you?

Mmmm, beverages… The trail is perfect. No need of studs, in the tires that is. Can’t wait. Let’s go have some fun…

Guilty http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/5ec3bb4781c8e43a51d3a1a948b98fc0.gif

Now where did I put that Baileys?

Sweeeet.

We had a great crew out today and the conditions were perfect. I’ve got that awesome ride glow feeling happening right now. I hope you all feel the same…

awesome ride great to stretch those legs

Great ride indeed. Trails were in amazin shape. The turnout was fantastic!

I had a really awesome time. Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

great conditions & turnout. too bad about all the flats, oh well.

Oh,Oh… tell us more about the flats.

there were 2 that I saw murrdog flatted after the section on skull where you go over a rock A-Frame

and a lady on the ride flated right before that section

Were these studded tires or just regulars?

All four flats were on regular tires. Although not completely necessary, glad I left the studded tires on.

I wonder if those flats were on account of a lack of riding. Sometimes I’ve been so excited to get out after not riding for a week or few that I neglect to check my tire pressure before I beat and pound on them. That, and the colder temperatures. Glad to hear you folks all had a good ride.

The lady that flatted was Kaarin, and she had borrowed lola’s hardtail and I think there was a slow leak. My flat was just due to excitement I think. I just grinned and rode like an idiot through some rocky stuff and pinched.

I forgot what changing tubes was like having rode tubeless for so long! Dang tubeless needed to be pumped up too often though. I think I’d like tires that were just filled with foam. No pumping, no flatting. Just pick the density you want and go!

Great ride everyone! After being off the bike for over a month I was amazed that I rode three hours! I love winter riding in NS! Now if only my new bike would arrive!

Happy Trails kids… See you out there (Hopefully Wednesday evening at 7!)