"I'm not saying kill cyclists, just tap them"

The problem with the “schtick” is that to many Americans think that people like Kornheiser can dictate the law. They can’t tell the difference between a judge and a sports broadcaster. As a matter of fact they will take Kornheiser’s word before a judge. Now we are going to here stories from good old boy’s " I just gave the guy a little nudge with the front bumper, I didn’t expect him to die". I better start wearing my full face and armor to work.
Peace

If any of you have been following some US media you may have heard about the stupid comments that a local Washington ESPN announcer, Tony Kornheiser made in regards to cyclists.
**“I don’t take my car and ride on the sidewalk because I understand that’s not for my car. Why do these people think that these roads were built for bicycles?..They don’t share the road. They dominate the road. They dare you to run them down…And then when you do, they get angry. What is that about?..And so you tap them. I’m not saying you kill them. I’m saying you tap them. Tap them once…If you’re not rubbing, you’re not racing right? So you pop them a little bit and see what happens.”

The above quote got the attention of Lance Armstrong who began a Twitter fured with ESPN over the ordeal.
I agree with Lance. For someone to be on national television to announce such a thing is plain wrong. In his defence, ESPN has said that Kornheiser is just playing a schtick. His charcter is that of a crotchety old man who hates everything. It is a lame defense knowing just how impressional some redneck hillbillys can be. I know, I grew up with most of them!!
Try running into the Halifax airport yelling that you have a bomb and then say you were just doing your schtick. I really don’t think they’d care about your act and you would be punished for being an idiot.
Bike’s owned the road long before cars were invented and have a place there. Especially now that we are fighting climate change and trying to lower our carbon emissions.
As if our roads weren’t crazy enough before people were told to run us down. Watch your backs folks!!

A twitter update from Lance Armstrong say’s this, ***…just off the phone w/ Tony Kornheiser who’s very sorry 4 his comments re: cyclists. Going on the show 2morrow 2 discuss this w/ him.

*It will be interesting to see the good that comes out of this for cyclists. There can only be good… Right?