Intel on Fitz

For all you Fitz regulars, or at least more regular than me, what it the best way to ride it from the bottom???

I have ridden there the last few years but with group and we stayed at the chalets, so always began from there. Also, there were guys in the group very familiar with the trails so they planned the route and I just followed along…

From the chalets up to the windmills and beyond I am good with, it is the stuff between the base and the chalets I am not so sure of…

Heading to Pictou this weekend and likely riding there at least once…

1 Like

Lately, I’ve been riding up Reindeer Rd, Maddys Madness, turn right on double track to back track and get on Kilt and ride it up to the Chalets.

Here it is on my Strava Hole: https://strava.app.link/WPs18mXTX7

This ride was up to Blowdown and the session Sweet Svern, Freerider, Ella and Rocket Robert by climbing the fire road.

(my strava paused and it missed the sessioning after Blowdown and my exit)

I’d be interested in hearing what others are doing.

I may be there Saturday morning. Feel free to ping me.

1 Like

I typically climb it using Reindeer Rd-Maddys-Ella-Freerider-trail through the field that enters the woods again on the right not too far below the first chalet and follow the trail behind the chalets. Second lap I usually go up old road, I think we call it the 551. Not sure that is the right name. I think it is the old snowmobile trail number. It comes out at the top by the intersection of Kilt and Freerider. You can access it off the Chalet road by going right at the V or going straight off Ella instead of taking the right on to Freerider. If there is a third lap I use the Chalet driveway.

1 Like

I went to Fitz back in June and started at the parking lot on scotsburn rd. It was 27 degrees and all climb for about 4k, my Garmin asked if I was alive twice :grinning:. Once at the top and my heart was beating again it was a blast. On the way down we took a wrong turn and end up on a farm. I can provide my 18k strava Route but it might be better used for what not to do.

3 Likes

Hey, if you follow the atlantic enduro ride route on trail forks once you get to the top of maddys you will have a good day out.

https://www.trailforks.com/route/aes-short-course-race-1-scotsburn/

2 Likes

I think that was the map we followed but based on the arrows we did it backwards.

Here is my strava link to the route I mentioned
https://www.strava.com/activities/2512696460

1 Like

Start at 6 mile brook, climb to the windmills on the double track and gravel road, cross over to the chalets down the original dh. Back up Reindeer Road then maddy’s madness and ella awesome. Up freerider to ththe Chalets back down freerider ella awesome and maddy’s madness, back up and down fat lip or up to the windmills and down the Cape to Cape trail to the road then over to Waskly Wabbit and back to the car! Or down mach 3 dh to the car your pick.

3 Likes

Starting at six mile brook, up to the windmills and down is always a great start!

2 Likes