Is anyone interested in a spring bike swap?

Is anyone interested in a spring bike swap? I’ve got a bunch of parts and a couple of bikes that I’d like to sell.

If there is enough interested I would rent a community centre for a few hours on an upcoming weekend and host a bike swap. Sellers could rent a table to peddle their wares. Buyers would make a donation of a non-perishable item for the food bank.

This is still in the planning phase. If you are interested please let me know.

9 Likes

I’d be interested…

1 Like

I should have added a poll

I would be interested. It can be hard to justify buying brand new parts for a bike as old as mine.

1 Like

I’d be interested but I don’t have anything that I could really sell but could be good to pick up some things that others might not need

1 Like

I’d be interested.b

I believe there’s usually spring gear swap at mountain equipment co-op every year. Not sure what the logistics of having a table there are these days, but having an already established venue/audience might be a bonus…

2 Likes

I’m still working on this idea. Hopefully the pandemic situation will look better in spring.

6 Likes

We could use Sportwheels back parking lot - NC. :wink:
Ill provide bike racks and tables too :slight_smile:
I can provide a Debit/Credit machine too (need a small fee for that though)
Set it up!

10 Likes

I’m in if it happens.
I have so much stuff.
Any one want a NIB Ritchey Logic crankset?
Or seven handlebars?

5 Likes

Ive still got this in my brain box, but the pandemic situation isn’t looking that great.

1 Like

I’d be game. If sport wheels was set up as location would it be safer on a Sunday and set it up in time slots for specific types of things… one hour full bikes… another hour for parts then 3rd hour for clothing and pads helmets

1 Like

I am up for this - easy stuff in our back lot!

It would be easy right now even under these circumstances. Just limit people in at any given time!!
no need to split times.
Sundays are easy too as we are closed - so no deliveries!

Email is my best method of communication lately - Sheldon@sportwheels.ca

8 Likes

Even if there’s a thread for people 5o post what their offering up for that day so to reduce window shoppers at the actual day of it. People can get in and out

2 Likes

Maybe wait for the HRM travel ban to be lifted. 3 weeks + away.

Impulse buyers are the fuel that keeps the flea market industry going!

3 Likes

I’ve got a bike I could sell 29er f/s. Needs rear suspension service. Other than that it’s a rocket.

I’ve got an extra large tote filled with 26" tires. Five bucks each or fifty for the tote(tote not included).

2 Likes

Any interest in a Kona Chute? Comes with the ever popular Kona 2nd Hand Warranty.

It’s too avoid too many showing up as per covid regulations. No one wants to go to buy a $100 part and then get a $1000 fine on top

1 Like