Keppoch Enduro Report

Whew, whadda day folks!!

Imagine if we put 130+ riders on a bunch of sick techy mtb trails, told them to shred downhill as fast as they wanted, told them to do it five times on five different trails, let them shoot the shit with their friends on the climbs and then had copious adult beverages, a foodtruck, awards, tables of draw prizes, sunshine and more shooting the shit with friends afterwards?
Now THAT would be a sick day! That would be the Keppoch Enduro 2021 Edition!

Conditions were greasy but not muddy, damp but not rainy, fast and definitely not slow.

Youngest competitor = 9 y/o
Oldest competitor = dunno but he probably ain’t counting the yrs anyways

Savage field of U18’s from each of the four Atl provs including winner Carter Stratton of Freeride, St John’s NL whose time would have put him well up in the Expert Men cat. I’m at ease for the future of mtb talent in Atl Canada when I see the list of U18’s that are getting at it.

Big thanks to Keppoch- esp Alanna, Peter and Josh!- for hosting the event and doing much of the heavy lifting on the course prep and organizational side.
THANKS to Lorenzo for the flawless timing. Timing can obviously make/break a timing based results event and Lorenzo continually hits it out of the park.
Thanks to Big Spruce Craft Beer and (insert name of food truck here!) for preventing post race hangryness and lubricating the story telling.
Thanks to the sponsors that support and help make this stuff better: Rocky Mountain Bicycles, Devinci, Fox Racing, Callus Moto/Mtb, Bike Monkey, Dirt Care, Troy Lee Designs, and Dose Media.

Results here: | Zone4.ca

Great to see the stoke, can’t wait for '22!

Feel free to add pics!

25 Likes

WOW! what a turn out! Great results!

2 Likes

Looking like a great time. Hope to give it a go come '22

2 Likes

Them roots were slick! Still a great time though.

6 Likes

The trails were fun as hell! Loved all the roots, that suits my style of riding. Can’t wait to do it again next year!

But not again on a downhill bike! haha.

EDIT: Can’t wait to see some gopro footage!

3 Likes

The stoke was HIGH!

Huge shoutout to the organizers for all their hard work, sponsors, competitors, and spectators. It all added up to one killer day.

14 Likes

Great to see you guys and your posse out there! :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

150% great times. Not sure I have been to any event with better vibes. Thanks all, looking forward to 2022!

13 Likes

An absolute bonanza of professional photos from Keppoch by @timber https://www.instagram.com/p/CUFVUkRr_JT/

4 Likes

Shortcut:

2 Likes

The dark foggy shots in the trees are unreal. The weather may have been a bit iffy but one good thing came out of it and that was those pictures.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Absolutely! I immediately think of Marcus Riga’s work when I see dank pics under the canopy and these made me think of that. Great to have a lens man out there making everyone look rad.

6 Likes

Thanks, guys! The conditions were all over the map but it definitely made for some interesting options in the woods, that fog was so tasty!

8 Likes