Keppoch or The Railyard?

Hey everyone, my wife and I are new to mtb but we want to go out this weekend to either Keppoch Mountain or the Railyard in Truro. We’re driving from Sydney NS and while Keppoch is closer, I wonder if The Railyard might be better for beginners? We’re looking for green and blue trails with lots of available progression.

I’m really just looking for pros/cons of both, we don’t have time to visit both this season and are trying not to travel too much.

3 Likes

Myself I would think vic park would be better for beginners cuz i dont think they even have black trails.
Keppoch can be really fast if your gonna shuttle to the top anyways.
There is green trails at the bottom of the mountain but i havent rode them.
U cant go wrong either way I love them both but keppoch is alot faster

3 Likes

Myself being more on the beginner side, and having rode The Railyard this summer, as well as Keppoch just last weekend, I would definitely recommend The Railyard. Lots of green and blue, with progression :slight_smile: there is also a skills park which is great as well. I don’t know if having someone guide you through the trails is your thing, if so, you could always see if someone is available whatever day you plan on heading to the park to show you around. I’ve gone on a couple rides this summer that were SO much better because we had someone who knew the trails as our guide.

If you mainly just want down hill… then Keppoch for sure. I rode the green trails at the bottom of the mountain, they are really short, and I think you would get bored quick. I also rode the green up the mountain… and was pretty much dead by the time I reached the top lol (was really hot last weekend), went down a blue, that personally, I found to be a bit too much. When I go back, I would probably stick with going down the green trails until I have a bit more skill under my belt! The shuttle is the way to go.

Whichever you choose, I’m sure you’ll have a blast!

3 Likes

I would recommend the Railyard too. Keppoch is a lot of climbing and Railyard is not so much but has lots of fun green and bluish green trails to have fun on.

3 Likes