L/f knowledge of "The Links"

Do not say to your self “Mud trail looks interesting, i’ll try that” Just don’t.

a friend or two and i are talking about heading up (or down, or west) to ride the links this saturday if dry. Been bound in the corridor lately. Any of you locals able to give me a little info about the trails and where/which to ride. Looking to take advantage of the time we have on the cooler sections of the trail such as the freeride. Looked at the trail listing on here, but its pretty vague. Thanks.
Cheers

The trail system, while awesome, not huge so I’d suggest you ride them all. The trails at the top are all good in both directions (except maybe the jump line). They all pop out onto atv roads so it’s easy to do loops and hook them up in different ways. The downhill trails are going to involve some serious climbing back up, either on the road or the trail.

There’s a map at the trail head and all the trails have signs. I’d print out a map from our trails page to stick in your pocket, then look at the trailhead map and scope out a course. Once you’ve decided what route you want to take it’s nice to have the map as a reference - I find it can get a little confusing until you really know your way around.

Have fun, they’re very nice trails!

If you get a trail map it will help you a lot during the ride. There is also the map on a big board at the main parking lot.
I like to start at the upper lot and go down Blackfly, solctice, lookoff and finish down the gravity line. I try to stay off the doublewide trails and stick mostly to the singletrack stuff. If you can get a car or truck to park down the bottom it can be good to do a few shuttles.

Make sure to bring some hunters orange if you plan on going saturday. There isn’t supposed to be any hunting on the trail properties, but that usually doesn’t stop people.

right on, thanks. Going to have the dog too; he looks just like a deer bounding away but doesnt mind wearing his blaze vest and bell.

right on, thanks. Going to have the dog too; he looks just like a deer bounding away but doesnt mind wearing his blaze vest and bell.