Found - crankset ISIS

Just strip a pedal out of drive side crank. Looking for ISIS crankset.

Currently Race Face Ride XC ISIS original on the 2004 Kona Dawg,

was with 3 chain rings but I converted to 1x11.

depending on how hard you ride, helicoil that and hope for the best

1 Like

Can’t replace the threaded insert on those cranks? Could also try running a tap/chaser to clean the threads up again.

Yeah, that’s what a helicoil is. Cyclesmith should have some on hand and could possibly do the job for buddy if he isn’t comfortable doing it himself. We did a metric ton of truvativ cranks back in the day.

Helicoil is to repair threads, yes. They do have a tap but they also have a coiled metal section that’s used as well to add the material that’s missing.
Some cranks have a removable insert, which is not a helicoil, it is a threaded insert.
Some threads can be fixed simply with a tap. That is not a helicoil.

I don’t want to be rude, but there are in fact differences. I mentioned two options that are not a helicoil.

Oh, right. Re read your post and I got it wrong. Those cranks didn’t have an insert and I doubt there is anything left to re tap looking at that picture.

Agreed, looks like a pretty clean strip! Fire some $1 bills there and call em done.

PM you

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. It’s an X type as apposed to isis.

X type won’t fit the 10-splined ISIS BB as I looked up.

Cycle smith says they can fix so I likely will go that route.

I hoped some old Isis stuff might have been out there on a shelf in a shed but no luck I guess.

1 Like

With the limited availability of ISIS components these days you may be better off in the long run buying a new Shimano BB and one of the used cranksets posted here.

1 Like

Exactly this. You’ve got a standard BSA bottom bracket shell to work with so lots of crank choices/compatibility.

1 Like