Links at Brunello gone?

Probably making room for more row houses.

1 Like

I believe that’s been in the cards for a while, and they were planning to move the skills park etc. to another location.

There was some discussion about it in this thread from last year:

1 Like

Thats disappointing, guessing the stuff at the other side of the course near the driving range is still there but this looks like 70% of the trails that were there plus the park are gone now.

Oh no where will I burn 10 bucks.

1 Like

It looks like Brunello may no longer be the robust training ground for the province’s next generation of cycling athletes.

6 Likes

It’s unfortunate as Brunello is my favorite trail to bring newbies to prep them for Fight or Whopper trails

1 Like

Not as close by but I think Irishman’s Rd is actually better for bridging the gap to McRun and Whopper.

1 Like

Always good to have any sanctioned well-built trail. From conversations I’ve had, they have lots of money. Selling one lot raises enough to build a lot of trail, so if they’re interested, they’ll just hire someone to build more trail for them.

Pay-to-play trail access is a bit of an experiment for around here. I wonder how it’s worked out for them?

1 Like

Didnt some one mention in a previous brunello thread that last year there was little to no maintenance done there and they let it get over grown

1 Like

@gokatgo I linked to it above.

1 Like

I’ll connect with the builder, but I thought that a new series of trails was built so the land the old trails were on could be used for housing development.

2 Likes

Spoke to the trail builders, they built a new series of trails on an different part of the property so the old trail area could be used for housing development.

3 Likes