Logging roads in my back yard

Winter the atv’s and snowmobiles have it beat into a frozen highway! Good times…

http://www.bignose.ca/blog

Any idea if something like this is possible:

mapmyride.com/route/ca/ns/ha … 5394087499

More specifically the point when you seem to have to cut across a clear cut patch between 4-5KM? What did you encounter at the end of the road?

The end of the road was soupy muck stired up by 4 wheeleers. I’m sure with a motor bike you could get thru, or in the dry season you could bike it, but I wasn’t interested at the time :slight_smile:

The part where your route forks off, is a pretty clear road,but i’m not sure how it loops back to where I ended up.

Actually disregard what I said about the fork, I misread the map.

How did you build that route you posted, did you actually ride it at one time, or just specualtive?

I think you could definatly hike it, but with the amount of water in it right now, biking would suck.

Just specualtive. I saw what you posted and noticed there were seemingly more fire roads and noticed the loop that seemed interesting.

I just really like riding long fire roads. But if it’s that wet I might wait until the summer and see what it’s like at that point, or perhaps later in the winter when it freezes.

Shoot me a message someday if you want to go riding them. My schedule is pretty tight, but the roads are so close to my house I can usually pull something off.

There is one out beaverbank road by teh Villa that goes for ever.

pock wock area. you can get out to mt uniacke that way. if it’s the same road i’m thinking of. didn’t look at your map though. (lol)

You can leave the Villa and ride to Pock Wock one way, or ride to Enfield the other way. Towards Enfield you go through an abandoned Scottish settlement, there is a monument, and you come out at Monta Vista, near Mi’kmaq territory.

One of these days we’ll have to pack a lunch and do this up.

Something like this would be pretty fun

mapmyride.com/route/ca/ns/ha … 0859894096

You can leave the Villa and ride to Pock Wock one way, or ride to Enfield the other way. Towards Enfield you go through an abandoned Scottish settlement, there is a monument, and you come out at Monta Vista, near Mi’kmaq territory.
I’m interested in doing this at some point

do you think it would be doalbe in the winter or is now a good time or year?

epic XC sunday’s :slight_smile: