Looking for a good seat

Hey everyone, as I’m finding my use for my bike change, I need to upgrade my seat now that I’m spending more time sitting. Looking to see what may be out there for something that’s comfortable for trail riding, that won’t break the bank. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been riding a WTB Koda for like 4 years or so now. I like the shape and it has a decent amount of padding without a ton of bull. I find it comfortable, but like tires or grips it all comes down to personal preference.

1 Like

Thanks! I heard good things about those seats. If I don’t find something local soon, I’ll likely just end up ordering one of those.

Ergon make amazing seats.

4 Likes

They do indeed. I haven’t wanted to invest much into this bike, however I suppose a seat can be loved to whatever replaces it.

I would recommend measuring your sitz bones so you get the right sized saddle. It made all the difference for me in terms of comfort, especially over long distances. I used corrugated cardboard to do it. There are various methods on the web if you search for it.

2 Likes

WTB Silverado. A few different models but all fit the same. Have one on all my rigs.

4 Likes

I would recommend the bridge sport because I do a lot of long rides and it is very comfortable

1 Like

x2 for ergon.

Approved by my ass.

4 Likes

Good tip! Thanks.

Sportwheels has a few WTB saddles in stock if that’s what you are looking for and don’t want to pay shipping and duties to order online.

Another option because of the part shortage right now may be padded shorts/underwear if you dont already wear them. I bought a pair on amazon for around $35 with free shipping. You may be able to find some local but they can be pricey. Just an option you could look into.

These are the ones i got and they are a game changer for sure.

1 Like

Padded shorts wise. I picked up some at mec for about $42… it was a 2-3 months ago in store, they had quite a few in stock

Interesting, I hadn’t thought of that. Only issue there is I have ADHD and that’s just one more thing to remember ha.

1 Like

Haha it might be worth a try. I dont think ill ever ride without them again unless I’m just riding dirt jumps or something.

I’ve been using Specialized saddles for a long time. I think they were one of the first manufacturers to offer saddles in different widths. Specialized dealers have a device called an “Assometer”, believe it or not (not sure about Sportwheels yet, but Valley Stove has one), for measuring the width of your sit bones so you can choose the right saddle width.

Currently using an older Specialized Henge (the one with the Specialized logo all the way across the saddle. The newer Henge seemed to have a bit less padding and few harder spots. I don’t see the Henge in Specialized’s lineup anymore. The equivalent is probably the “Bridge”.

1 Like

I know it’s a super variable thing…but I’ve been loving the Prologo saddles. I have a dimension NDR4.0 on my gravel bike and I never get sore.

1 Like

We dont have one yet! - friggin supply chain shortages have demolished many asses :frowning:

3 Likes

Dude, all you need is some memory foam, two ball bearings, and a ruler!

2 Likes

Or a friend with warm hands and a measuring tape.

8 Likes