Looking for DH, Flow and Freeride in HRM and further

glad you guy’s enjoyed yourselves.
sadly there’s no good land to connect the 2 trails. there’s a megaswamp, and don’t forget the lake…if there was a way it would already be done.

Moved out here from BC a few months ago and am getting the time to ride again. Don’t know anyone, don’t know any trails but am an avid DH rider on a big-ish bike.

Throw me a message or join the thread - need some help finding something fun and a tour guide for a few rides.

Beer’s on me.

Rik

If your bike is even remotely able to climb, check out the trails in the Valley. Like The Gorge, P2, The Links, etc. Also, there is Keppoch farther out. The Bedford Rifle Range has some limited but sweet little runs. The real gems in HRM are Fight Trail and Whopper Drop. Less gravity, but more technical features, drops, (Oh, the drops…), and some punchy little sections. Look all these up on the Trails section up top, and see who’s riding where and when. Or post up looking for some guiding action. Beer can be had close to all these trails. :slight_smile:

It can climb - it’s a Giant Glory 0 with 8" single crown. If I ramp it up I can push it a bit - I’m the one who can’t climb all that well! If it’s a not so techincal up I’m good but there’ll be some pushing.

When you get into Whopper Drop how do you get to the more technical stuff? I went to the left once I hit the granite? at the top and just found my way to a lot of mud and single track XC uphill. I’ll probably head out that way later on today to play around again and planing on Keppoch for Sunday.

Depending on timing and work load I may make a trek to the Valley mid week. I’ll post a ride up on here and see if anyone’s interested. Appreciate all the help and advice.

Hey Rik,

I’d be up for a tour of the Ward DH trails this week some time in the afternoon. Maybe Wednesday or thursday? PM me if interested.

Rik, Ryan is a sick rider, (Pepperjester), and a great guide. It’s sure to be good times.

Ryan - fired you a PM but I’m free to ride this afternoon if you want to hook up.

The link on the site to the Whopper and Evil Birch PDF is borken… here’s the correct link:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~bikergrl/PedalTrout/Trails/Whopper_Evil.pdf

The better drops and stuff on Whopper would be to the right after you get to the top of the granite. The map will help get you in the zone. Evil Birch is a bit of a slog on the way in but a TON of fun on the way out.

The link on the site to the Whopper and Evil Birch PDF is borken… here’s the correct link:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~bikergrl/PedalTrout/Trails/Whopper_Evil.pdf

The better drops and stuff on Whopper would be to the right after you get to the top of the granite. The map will help get you in the zone. Evil Birch is a bit of a slog on the way in but a TON of fun on the way out.
Thnx - There’s the mess of trails right after the entry and then there is the spread out section to the right where the trails really extend out - is evil birch part of the extended section? Is Evil Birch the same as the trail with all the drops on Wopper? Sorry for the dumb…

answered one of my own questions… My browser window was scrolling so quickly I didn’t realize that there was another trail above Wopper… I found Evil Birch…

if you want to check out evil birch next week sometime next week, i’m up for it. would do it this weekend but sadly i have to do a move…

I’m up for a tour of evil birch! I have some spare time on my hands so post up when you are heading out that way.

looks like wed. or thursday for a ride…

Just say where and when to meet, I’ll be there! (except for wed 1000, dental appt)

Balls! Thanks for the responses guys - I’m definitely up for a ride soon but I’m out of commission for at least a week. Just got back from the hospital and a few kidney stones that have been hanging around are on their way out. I’m going to be blasted on drugs and peeing blood for a few days…

Blasted on drugs and peeing blood, sounds like a downhillers dream

E.B. ride, saturday 12:00, parkland and kearney lake rd, in front of lawton’s drugs. i’ll wait til 20 after…

I’ll be there! Looking forward to it.

confirmation bump… i’ll be there.

All systems go for me. Perhaps dragging a few others as well.