Looking for riding buddies

Hello!
My name is Tom and I hope that this is appropriate to post here. I am fairly new to Halifax and have recently gotten back into mountain biking. I am originally from out west and rode a ton as a kid, but I’ve taken about 15 years off. My fiance’ and I live in Governor’s Brook and had been taking advantage of the McIntosh Run trials until she broke her leg on a recent ride. We are pretty safety minded people and have decided that we won’t ride any trails solo. So, with my riding partner out of commission until at least the fall I was hoping that there would be someone/a group of people here that would be willing to let me tag along.
I’m still pretty green and getting my legs back under me, but I love a challenge and try my best to keep up. If it’s any incentive we live on Alabaster way and have a great backyard for post ride story telling and beverage enjoying.
Thanks and I look forward to the replies.
Best,
Tom

14 Likes

Hey @Tom_AM, totally appropriate to post here. We host a group ride every Tuesday night at 7pm at various trails around HRM. Tonight it’s at 9 Mile River, but we are frequently at McIntosh Run. You are always more than welcome to join us any time. Post ride beverages are always on tap. Hopefully your wife heals up quickly and she can join us sometime too.

5 Likes

@Rolls thanks for the response! hopefully I’ll see you out at a Tuesday night ride!!

3 Likes

Feel free to post a ride event in our events category.

Give a bit of notice and some details on where you plan to ride and folks will join.

1 Like

Hey Tom,
Sportwheels also hosts 2 rides a week, depending on your flavor - Facebook Groups feel free to drop in any time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My friend and I got a truck and we go aroudn riding 3/4 days a week. shoot me a message here. and you can join. join us friday evening and this weekend!

2 Likes

Welcome, Valley Stove and Cycle hosts a weekly ride in the valley and I am personally available to show you the trails or find someone down this way to help out. Just give me a few days heads up.

1 Like

Hitting up Fight Trail tomorrow morning at 9 if you want to join us

1 Like

Hey! Sorry, I didn’t see this until now. I hope that you had a great ride this morning. I would definitely tag along if you head out at the same time next weekend.

Heading in from Norawarren side tomorrow at 9 if you want in

1 Like

Hey Tom my names josh and I’d love to have a riding bud

Hey Tom, Im just getting back to Mountain biking as well after say 20 years, very green, would love to get out for a ride with someone who knows the trails, nothing to crazy.
Steve

Hey @Tom_AM @DyerMaker, I’m in the same boat — getting back in after 20 years. I’d like to ride more, particularly at MacIntosh Run, but not confident enough in my skills to go solo yet. Let me know if you want to get out (as long as you don’t mind a slowish pace with plenty of water breaks :nerd_face:)!

2 Likes

@Tom_AM @DyerMaker @ElementML I would be glad to connect with you guys. We could ride tomorrow morning at McIntosh Run. Let me know if this works for you

4 Likes

Planning on making a trip into McIntosh Run tomorow by mid morning. Thinking starting at Osprey and heading over to Pizza Corner and back. It’ll be a relaxed pace.

3 Likes

I might be heading over in the morning too. Ill msg ya if i do

Sounds good, thinking of being on the trail around 10ish but am flexible. Just need roughtly an hour heads up.

1 Like

Just sent e-mail but Im in, what time were you thinking?

Steve

Looks like tomorrow am would be a go,
Steve

10 am sounds good to me. Seen Ospray on the trailforks map, but i could not find a Pizza Corner.

1 Like