FOUND : Single speed MTN bike

Anyone got any single speed bike mountain bikes for sale? Kona unit type bike. Size medium… possibly large depending on brand and age. Would consider just a frameset or incompletes. Not interested in 700c road bike or fixie like unless it something gravel tire sized.

1 Like

what’s your budget? this one has been on sale for a bit in Moncton ( I have no affiliation to the seller)

Depending on budget and spare parts Kona Honzo ST and ESD frames are $699. They used to advertise the Unit Frameset on the website for about $100 more I believe, although I don’t see it there anymore.

Not sure how I missed this, I was on there this morning looking at all the Maritimes. This is what I’m looking for, but Moncton trip is tuff right now with xmas nearing. But thx, I’m going to keep an eye on this.

2 Likes

Reached out, he sold it last month and forgot to remove ad. Tear

Not enough clearance for studded tires, but thanks.

What size studded tires?

I don’t have any currently, but studded 700c tires start at 30c but you have to account for studs, snow and fender space…so the bike would have to be able to fit around a 38c, gravel bike territory. Roadbikes don’t do studded well.

I’d leave the kickstand on it for a bit to see if it bothers you. I used to be a kickstand snob but now I love having them on my fun bikes.

3 Likes

Plus, that is a seriously swell kickstand.

4 Likes

I would seeing how much it means to you. But sadly I already removed it because I have private personal bike parking on both ends of my commute.

1 Like

What about side trips to the beer store?

2 Likes

Those days have passed, but if that was the case the bike would be locked to a lamp post(post being the kick stand) or in the outfront bike rack(rack being the kick stand). I never under stood the kick stand appeal for other then when your standing beside the bike unlocked, maybe in your own garage?