Mabou/Port Hood mountain bike ride

It’s been 3 years since Across the Highlands 2015 in Mabou! I’d like to host a ride that will ride some of the course and some stuff that wasn’t part of the course. I’d say about 50K but I’m flexible to cater to the group. Dirt roads, service roads, ATV trails, rail trail. If turnout stays below 6 vehicles, we can start from my place, otherwise, I will update the start point to somewhere with a bigger parking area. Bring a beer to enjoy on the deck afterward, trust me, the view is worth it :wink:

Make it a double! You can camp in my backyard and ride with me to the Mabou Farmer’s Market on Sunday. Recovery ride on the rail trail and Colindale road (about 20k each way). If there is interest in this, I will adjust Saturday’s route to avoid overlap.

Where: 705 Marble Hill Rd., Port Hood, NS (35 minutes from the causeway)
When: July 7th 11am ready to roll, feel free to show up anytime after 10am
Difficulty: Rugged trails and long distance, but very reasonable pace. Expect some tough climbs.

Notes: Please pack for all conditions. Sunscreen, bug spray and layers. I would recommend bringing a shell as the weather can turn quickly if we go in the Mabou Highlands. Bring bars and other sustenance. There should be an opportunity to replenish or I can see about doing a strategic drop somewhere.

  • Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.


Awesome, @Yanner!

I would love to but I’m in PEI.

I was hoping a day ride so i could get back Hfx on the evening or early sunday. Possible tweaking of km’s?

Not sure what you mean, unless I missed something up with the info. I put an 11am start thinking is was late enough to leave HRM at a reasonable time.


hey Im totally out, daughter has a camp that I wasn’t aware and I need to drive her. :frowning: totally bummer. really sad I couldn’t get the ride. Thanks for the invite @Yanner

1 Like

Hey all, if I could get a firm yay or nay by this evening, that’d be great. I’m confident it would be worth the drive. Some rain in the forecast today, but I don’t expect it will change conditions too much overall.

1 Like

Is there interest in trying to do this again in July 2019 if a date (and rain date) is set well ahead of time?

1 Like

Probably booked for the weekend of the 13th of July 2019 but Saturday the 20th or 27th might work for me

On my end, it would have to be the weekends of the 6th or the 13th, but Canada Day may be an option. I have to be back in Ontario by the 20th for a wedding.