Mid Plus bikes for Snow

Them’s some beautiful bike parts

Interesting point about the Q-factor. I took a loaner fatbike out for a ride or two, and it took some getting used to - I’m not sure how I would do after a full season on one. Maybe it’s less of an issue for riders with longer legs?

They definitely handle different when I jump back on my all mountain I buzz around on it a little bit to re acquaint myself to it… even just the gear shifters have different action

Yeah it might be a leg length thing? Or the fact people with longer legs might be larger people and have wider hips? Lol

I just got a fat bike this season but I rode a bunch in fresh snow Friday at Shubie and Saturday/Sunday at Spider Lake and never had any knee issues, but I’m all legs. Actually didn’t really notice much difference pedaling it compared with my regular MTB.

I did a bit of research back when I had my fatbike, and it just seems to bother some people, that extra width at the BB. Its definitely not uncommon.

Hi, no problem for sure!! I rode my Rocky Growler 40 with 3” purgatory’s all last season along side some guys with fat bikes. That being said you have to pick your battles sort of speak on conditions…just for references I’m around 165lbs and was running a tubeless setup with the front as low as 10psi and rear around 12-13lbs when conditions allowed.

Cheers…

1 Like