Mountain Bike Tours - Guatemala

Lots of talk lately about Moab, and while it sounds like a great trip, I don’t know how much time I want to spend in the USA right now. So… Guatemala!

Me and a friend have booked with Sacred Rides, details for the Guatemala trip are here: http://www.sacredrides.com/singletrackrides/guatemala/larutademaya

Haven’t ridden with Sacred Rides before, but the trip looks amazing. 3-4 spots still available for the April ride. Anyone interested in coming? (If not, definitely check out the Moab trip, which also looks pretty incredible.)

3 Likes

nice! that looks like my hometown backyard with matching white powder beaches and unlimited fresh coconut milk and of course you name it unlimted B’s.

Sweet merciful crap; WHAT A TIME! In related news, anyone know where there are some discounted helmets available?

2 Likes

The Bike Pedaler has Catlike helmets on blowout. Size, model and color selection is getting low.

1 Like

@IanM_MTB sounds like it was a good one. Can’t wait to see some pics.

2 Likes

Never heard of Catlike. Maybe I can swing over sometime soon. What are prices like? Anything left in Medium / Large?

I have a Catlike MTB helmet…It is the Leaf model I believe.

Nice and light and lots of ventilation too. Definitely a solid MTB helmet for sure…

1 Like

https://www.catlike.es/ca/en/helmets/

Best to drop in or call 902-406-7773 to check on sizes/prices

Getting to downtown Dartmouth between 8am-6pm is going to be tough for me. Hopefully there is something left on the weekend. :slight_smile:

I have a brand new Fox Racing Flux Cauz Helmet I can sell you but it is L/XL

1 Like

Guatemala pics and vids?
You must have blown that giro you’ve had?!

Thrown from the bike, head first dive into a ditch. I was prevented from running down the slope by an abrupt stop on a rock. Helmet looks fine, but I know better than that.

Yea I saw that sort video you posted of that. Seems like it could of been helmet first collision from the gopros perspective. Time for a new one for sure.

Oh, that wasn’t the one that made me need a new helmet. Sadly I don’t have footage of that one, as I had left the camera behind that day. :cry: Crash aside, it was an epic day of riding!

Lucky knucklehead?! Lol. I’m thinking of selling this bell that I haven’t really used. A little bit bigger than the size of my coco head. Size medium-large I think. Check it out.

1 Like

Full-face seems excessive for the type of riding I do… but maybe?

The chin guard is removable.

If it fits my helmet I might consider buying the chin guard.