Mountain Biking Films

Flow.

The flow of a good piece of singletrack. Social flow, sometimes lubricated with tasty bevvies. Spiritual flow that allows one to merge in a meaningful way with the natural surroundings. Mental flow that encourages the release of tension and negativity. Bodily flow, where you, the bike, and the ground interact as a single unit.

The shared appreciation of flow is mountain bike culture. Simple.

I know this topic has come up before but I was hoping to get some recommendations for which mountain bike films are the best. More specifically, I’m looking to watch the films that best demonstrate what our mountain biking culture is all about. Let me know what one film you think best says what a mountain biker is and what mountain biking is all about.

Cheers
Sherry

p.s. Your recommendations will greatly help me along with my PhD dissertation…help me finish this darn degree!!

The Collective, hands down. The only inaccurate part of that entire flick is the fact that it’s a sausage fest. But then pretty much EVERY mountain bike movie is a sausage fest so that should hardly be a consideraton…I guess.

Klunkerz…period.

Klunkerz for the past, NWD 10 for the future.

Oh and this HunquaVideo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VR4KaDeAuI)

Thanks guys and gal. Any thoughts on Life Cycles? Have you seen it?

I have not.

Thanks guys and gal. Any thoughts on Life Cycles? Have you seen it?

Looking forward to seeing LifeCycles… not sure if it portrays the culture but the cinematic work is breathtaking from the trailers I’ve seen.

Recently Life Cycles is one of the two movies I have seen. As far as mountain bike culture, I think it fits the bill. The narration and certain scenes clearly indicate this sport is embraced as lifestyle and passion, not just as a quick adrenaline fix or simply exercise.

Lifecycles is very good. Totally agree with Snider. Along the same lines as the collective series

Thanks again for the recommendations and comments. Anyone up for telling me what you think mountain bike culture is all about? Snider has started us off with “this sport is embraced as lifestyle and passion, not just as a quick adrenaline fix or simply exercise”