MRWA Wheelie Wednesday

We are pumped that so many people are using “West Pine” and now it needs some TLC! Join us for a wheelbarrow brigade to bring gravel from the Norawarren trailhead to the mucky spots that need to be hardened. We have 4 wheelbarrows and several shovels and rakes, but if you can bring a wheelbarrow, shovel, and/or hard rake please do so. The trailhead is on Norawarren Drive in Herring Cove. Please bring water and be prepared for a few mosquitoes!

You don’t need to attend the whole time - come when you can, for as long as you can. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary! Thank you to ScotiaScapes Landscaping for donating and delivering the gravel fill!

We will have another trail work session Thursday 3:00-7:00 pm. Lots of opportunities to give back to West Pine!

3 Likes

id love to go but i have to coach soccer tomorrow:/ i will attend any other work sessions there when i’m available though

1 Like

Thanks Brody and no worries. There will be more work sessions!

1 Like

is there a work session there thursday?

Yes at Norawarren from 3-7pm

1 Like

ok

1 Like

The ecmtb admins are amazingly fast at reposting MRWA build sessions. But if you want to hear about them immediately, you can also sign up for the MRWA email list or calendar here:
http://mcintoshrun.ca/volunteer/

Tonight’s session starts at 3pm, but anyone who comes later should just head down Westpine until you meet the group. If you see tools near my gray truck at the trailhead, grab one to bring in with you.

I’m working so won’t be there tonight, but Kaarin will be leading for sure. Maybe Russ too, depending on his afternoon date!

3 Likes

ok👍🏻 I was planning on biking to the trail head and then leaving my bike there but my bike is broken right now so unfortunately i won’t be able to come today either but i will sign up for the email list so i can see when the dates are.

1 Like

OK. Bummer about your bike.

I saw your comment on Trailforks about getting more jumps (at least I think that was you). Next time you’re out there on a MRWA build session perhaps we can scout a spot along Westpine. Building jumps out there is often hard because of terrain and lack of dirt, but perhaps we can find a good project to work on.

1 Like

Speaking of: there’s a nice little natural jump on Osprey that @Chris_Dwyer-perkins has successfully hit a few times, and I’ve been meaning to ask you if I could do some work on it to make it a little better. It’s a rock so no dirt needed, just need to clear the run-up a little and maybe add some smashers. I’d be happy to discuss it offline with you, or on a ride together. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll drop you a message and we can meet out there. Considerations include keeping the trail corridor fairly tight, not spagetti, and sightlines (not usually an issue an issue on Osprey). Let’s look!

3 Likes

LOL. Lawrence are you taking requests now?!?!?!

I’ll email you my list later today :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Put 'em on post-it notes stuck along the trail. Just remember you are at the back of the queue.:rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You guys do phenomenal work and we are all forever grateful

Let me know when you need more signage BTW. I am itching to help out

2 Likes

Thank you Kirk.

1 Like

haha, that was me, i didn’t think anybody would see that

1 Like

this might be the wrong topic to post this under but does anybody actually hit the jump on the in/out trail by norawarren?

i’ve been thinking about hitting it for a little while but there’s no landing so it would be awful hard on my bike

I roll over it but don’t launch off it

1 Like

Do you mean the giant rock just after the first bridge (not a jump, for me anyway! just roll or wheelie drop it)? Or do you mean the little rock kicker on the descent?

1 Like

the rock after the bridge…