MTB Hot Takes đŸ”„

New technology through innovation is still possible while abiding by Universal Standards & Backwards Compatibility (ex. parts/components, interfaces, etc)

8 Likes

The pre hydro version was wayyy uglier but yeah, just as stupid.

1 Like

STOP MAKING SEGMENTS IN MRWA :fire:

11 Likes

They do actually.

1 Like

Sounds like something someone without AXS would say. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

You mean were not supposed to have a segment for every 5 ft of the trail system

6 Likes

Literally people are like I’m fast on that section, make a segment make it public because EGO and at the end of a ride you’ve done 300 segments and only 2 of them were full trails.

1 Like

If you’re on multi use trails, keep your dog on a leash.

9 Likes

Hikers on mtb specific trails and are directional clearly marked

1 Like

Fat bikes are only for winter

4 Likes

Disagree with this one. People who can ride difficult features and terraing did get to that point by starting on easier features. I understand the point about pushing boundaries, but mountain biking is about progression. You don’t start newbies on difficult high-consequence features. That’s inviting injuries. Some need to start “with their hand held” (instruction, coaching, getting “towed in”) on “dumbed down” (lower consequence, easier) features.

I agree that not everything needs to be “dumbed down”. Some features can be made for more experienced riders - preferably signed appropriately.

Do please find another term than “dumbed down” - it really disses new riders pushing their limits on what you see as easy and “dumb”.

6 Likes

Right, but not every feature on a black trail, for example, needs to have a ride around, or be easily rollable if you can’t make the gap. It’s ok for it to only be an expert’s trail.

9 Likes

Yup. I agree. Preferably with appropriate signage
 and if the builder or the organization is prepared for the liability of someone injuring themselves on the feature.

1 Like

Actually, I’m probably misreading @JOsh 's point. Now that I think about it, I don’t think he’s saying everything should be black diamond, but that not everything should be easy green.

A range of difficulty levels from newbie to expert to allow riders to progress would be ideal.

I guess being a teacher I’m a little sensitive about newbies and learners. Once one is an expert, it can be hard to see things through the eyes of a scared newbie - especially one who has been called “dumb” their whole life, and has lost hope in their ability to succeed.

5 Likes

Even the experts are always learning :thinking:

6 Likes

Exactly what im saying.

As for the “dumbed down” and “hand holding” is that really offensive? If so, I apologize but thats just the way i talk lol.

3 Likes

Dirt>Granite I said what I said. I say what I mean.

1 Like

Not saying it isnt good. But if i had 2K, i would put it toward a nice set of wheels. To each their own! :v:t2:

3 Likes

Fanny packs belong in the early 90’s.

2 Likes

They seem to be making a strong comeback.