New tool day / bike maintenance thread

Wera

1 Like

Ripping apart a TransX dropper today. Only two tools really needed. 2mm hex key and wrench.
It was really dirty inside. Completely disassembled, cleaned it all with isopropyl alcohol, fresh sram butter. Good for another season.

Riding season is coming fast.

6 Likes

A stand is next on the list for me.

God only knows I have too many work related tools though… Carpenter

2 Likes

I just got a park 10.2…sweet stand

1 Like

Figured it was worth paying a little more and would probably get a lifetime out of a stand, went for the Feedback Sports Pro Elite a couple months ago.

Slowly picking up tools, still picking up stuff for trailside repairs and then will move towards more home repair tool set sort of stuff. Have a Feedback Sports Torque wrench in at Sportwheels at well that I haven’t had a chance to pick up yet, figured it will be necessary with the carbon frame of my Revolver.

4 Likes

9 Likes

See now that almost qualifies as a work of art

Looks more effective than my pliers, block of wood and mallet!

1 Like

Hey guys , I have the 12sp shimano deore shadow plus (M6100RD) on my giant fatty , and ya so smooth!!! The thumb and forefinger up shifting is such a cool option . With the 51 tooth cassette the lower jockey wheel hanger is so long, you would think bends easily but only once!! Minor… easily compares to my sramGx on the stumpy… I would recommend the Shimano 12 so for sure :grin:
Ride Bikes , Ride Bikes… cheers … ~Kyle~

If anyone needs some oil reach out as I think I have enough for 25 years. :grinning:

7 Likes

Hung studded tire mountain bikes in hayloft. Bike maintenance complete.

1 Like