Newer mtb’s getting boring?

comments and violent reactions are welcome here!

1 Like

Look at the narrow hbar on that mtb. I’ve got a few like that. Maybe it’s because I’m old (doubt it) but when I ride those bikes to go get beers they are soooo uncomfortable.

All I got out of that video is that you can get a bottle opener for the front derailleur mount.

1 Like

In all honesty, I think traditional road riding is getting boring. I also believe bikes are getting better designed for what we are actually riding nowadays. I see less XC MTB’s and less aggressive road bikes, and more bikes that can tackle XC-DH-like trails and then crusher run trails.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it just comes down to personal preference. In the olden days we had one bike that we modded to adapt to whatever type of riding we were doing. Nowadays the manufacturers do it for us and better as they are taking whatever characteristics are needed for a specific type of riding experience and tailoring a bike around it.

1 Like

I really haven’t paid attention to “modern” MTB design since 29" wheels became a thing. Hell, I probably ride my Balfa Minuteman with 24" wheels more than anything.

I think this isolation is getting me trail And mtb bored, now I made a decision to get a Cx bike :man_facepalming:t4::laughing:.

No man, get a gravel grinder. Unless you plan on doing cross racing if it is actually happening this fall.

1 Like

Get the evil chamois Hagar… could be interesting.

1 Like

Heck yeah if only I got get the annual bike stimulus cheque from CRa.
Evil C are the fat bikes of Cx.

I do have my eyes on 22 Bikes there’s something about Ti or raw alloys skins that attracts me, if only . Lol

I just discovered the Knolly Cache Ti gravel bike with suspension fork. If I could afford it I would totally get one and grow a vintage Tomac Mullet

1 Like

That 22 is super nice. I imagine its very expensive.

1 Like

Just get a steel Kona Rove and a quarter ounce of Super Lemon Haze, pick a place on the map and ride to it. You’ll never look at bikes the same again.

8 Likes

Ha! I don’t smoke weed but got to give respect for that.

4 Likes

I thought it was a cleaning product

3 Likes

Ha! I don’t ride gravel bikes but got to give some respect for that.

3 Likes

paired it up with led zep and some tool

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to a lot of Ty Segall lately, it pairs well with Sativa.

1 Like

Basically my life except I got a steel Chromag samurai. The grass is greener on this side

2 Likes

Dabs on dabs on dabs and lots of bike riding. On my Norco of course.

1 Like