Pedaltrout/Sportwheels MTB Ride - Jan 28th

Mother Nature has sure been throwing us a mixed bag lately. I’ll be checking conditions on Monday and post up the location when I see exactly what the rain does to the trails. I suspect it won’t be a good thing, but we’ll see.

I’ll be checking hopefully in the afternoon or evening.

Charge your lights and get ready for a ride regardless. We can always choose an appropriate trail to ride regardless of the conditions.

UPDATE on LOCATION:

We will meet at the end of Lakeland Street in Beaverbank and ride the Barrett lumber roads. The roads are full on dirt roads which should be frozen solid with some uphills and descents, maybe some ice patches but should be able to get around them easily enough.

See you there.

This is Green Forest Subdivision.

How was the ride? We went to ski there a few nights before the ride, but the road was plowed. Figured it would make for good riding, but when we drive the car up it, it didn’t seem to go very far.

It was cold and still, I think we did about 8k max? Basically went as far as the road was plowed.

Was there much of a turnout?

Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to swap tires and make it to Beaverbank, so I had to skip it and go for an ice ride at Wrandees.

Me and Mike :stuck_out_tongue:

A quorum, then.