Pedaltrout/Sportwheels Weekly Ride - Jan 14th

Well the weather has certainly changed a bit since last week. With the warmer temperatures, and the trails being a tad vulnerable, we will be hitting up a location that is less prone to damage.

I’m thinking Shubie park. Let’s say 7:00 pm start. Let’s meet at the parking lot at the end of Shubie Drive, just past the movie theatres.

Charge your lights, dress appropriately, and see you on the trail. I do have one spare light if you need one. I don’t expect needing studs as the temperatures are going to be above freezing for a few days.

When: Tuesday, January 14th
Time: 7:00pm
Where: Shubie Park - meet at end of Shubie Drive, by the movie theatres

Not sure what the day will bring weather-wise today but I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to ride Shubie without studs. I was there last night and there was lots of shiny ice. I pride myself on riding studless in all conditions but last night I actually had to …get off my bike and walk :!: . I didn’t bother with the Lake Charles ext as I assume it was likely the same or worse. Some of the main trail in the park was fine but once you got in any kind of tree cover at all it was all ice.

Supposed to rain heavy and this will likely take care of what is there

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what it was like.