Rainy days means...ancient videos 1998 DH at Martock

15 Likes

Wow. I had moved away at this point, and was well on my way to getting fat and lazy for a decade. Love the footage of DH and that gorgeous San Andreas.

Got any footage from the early 90s?

1 Like

Awesome

Kona Carl rolled dope whips!

1 Like

Imagine how much cheaper the sport would be if we limited it to late 90s tech.

Only this, can’t believe I taped over an F1 race for it. Jimmy’s Roundtop in 1994 Jimmy's Roundtop Mountain Bike Race 1994 - YouTube

2 Likes

Oh wild, too bad about your flat!

Was that the year Ed lost his teeth at the Martock DH, or did he just not fix it for a while so he’d look badass?

What a ridiculous race Jimmy’s was. So much standing water, such a huge lap.

Yeah, I don’t know how well that would go over today. I think there was 10km of just dirt road, ha ha.

Me sporting my homemade camelbak accessory bag. Looks like I haven’t packed on too many pounds since then.

2 Likes

Oh man this takes me back! Someone somewhere has a wild crash footage of me from Martock around the 2000-2002 year range LOL

I recently found this flyer from our first dirt jump competition in Truro in 2002. Anybody remember this at all?

I have old footage of this competition somewhere that I will have to digitize!

5 Likes

My parents are moving, so a box of missing MiniDV, 8mm, and DVCPro tapes have been revealed. One MiniDV is labelled Scabmaker! I need to find a player to get these digitized.

3 Likes

I remember that event. Some people were seriously throwing down!

1 Like

8 hours of gore video

2 Likes