Road Ride this Weekend?

I’d like to get out for a road ride this weekend. Sunday am and should be back home early afternoon at the latest.

This is going to be a casual, non race pace, anyone can join in type of ride. I’m thinking of somewhere outside of Halifax proper. The valley, or even towards Chester area? I’m pretty open to ideas. I’d like to get a ride of approximately 50-60ish km in.

Anyone interested?

I would have been interested in a Saturday ride, I do my marathon training long runs on Sundays.

what pace do you consider non race pace?

I’d love to go, but have to work.
I wonder about pace too, some group rides are FAST. I am not fast, I can barely squeak out a 30km/h average over 30km alone, most of my “alone” rides are in the 28km/h average range, which sounds to be slow for most.

I have no idea what my average speed is. I get out on my road bike maybe 6-10 times a year. It’ll be pretty relaxed, that I can guarantee. This ride will only be fast on the downhills!

[quote=“pmachan”]I’d love to go, but have to work.
I wonder about pace too, some group rides are FAST. I am not fast, I can barely squeak out a 30km/h average over 30km alone, most of my “alone” rides are in the 28km/h average range, which sounds to be slow for most.[/quote]

I’d say that is a pretty fast average for someone riding alone. You may be faster than you think.

I’ll be making rubber doughnuts on Sunday, so I can’t make it.

my average speed riding alone has been between 26-30km/h on my old bike, might be a little bit better with the different gearing on my new bike. I’ve never been on a group road ride, would love to get out for one soon

Can’t go this weekend as I will be away, but hopefully next weekend. 25-30 km hr is a decent group club style ride. Unless you are into racing, the benefits from a more casual pace to your endurance as a rider are much better. Finish the ride strong and you will get stronger faster.