Rock Work

No worries. I may be back in the city again this weekend for work. I’d like to check this place out.

While not as glamorous as bridges, these rock ledges help to ensure a mudless ride when the rains eventually come. Sorry for the blurriness of the pics, it’s a cell phone.

Before…

After…

Another section just up the trail…

You are doing serious work here Ken. Thanks from all of us for making another place for us to ride. Can’t wait to get out there and try out the sweetness

Ken, we checked out the trail on Saturday. You can definitely see where you’ve been dumping the gravel and that helps alot. We rode up what we thought was the main trail and came to a four way intersection. We went down the trail on the right and it took us to the Waverley Road. We came back up and kept going straight which would be a left off the main trail. We went along there for quite some time to the end. We came back and entered into the singletrack on the right. It was nice trail but for me, there is that one steep section of hill. We see all the work you are doing in there. On our way out of the main trail and close to the trailhead, we noticed other singletrack but upon exploring it, discovered it was a bit overgrown. We figured that was older trail. We also noticed when we first went into the trailhead that there is a road to the left. We weren’t sure what was the “main trail” so we stayed on the trail to the right. Where does the road to the left go? Is there a shorter way up to where the singletrack starts? It was good to explore new trail and you are doing a great job.

Glad you had fun exploring… the single track trail with the steep section is known as Snakeline. The single track at the bottom near the trailhaed goes up through the clearcut to where you guys came to the road ending just after Snakeline. It is quite evergrown as we haven’t had any time to work on it this year. It was originally intended to be run from the top down but the last ride we had, three guys rode up to meet us at the top. The road you seen just in the from the trailhaed is another old woods road that goes back to the river and comes close to the end of the road you were on as well. It would be a feat to climb that first uphill, we always do it the other way, ending up at the trailhead.
I hope you guys can get out again soon, I would love to show you some of the other trails. Muddy, being a XC grinder, you will love some of the technical climbs…

Also, if anyone that would like an email of upcoming rides, PM me your email addy and I’ll add you to our list.

Any thing happening this weekend?

Working nightshift this weekend… sorry for the late response.