Shout out to the mystery Bedford Range Trail Builders! Pleas

Ok, first of all, I have to say it’s great that new builders are out working on the Bedford Range Trails - they definitely need some work! I know a few folks in the area that are very experienced trail builders and would be happy to help you out!

That said, I would like you to get in touch with me so I can help you out in your trailbuilding techniques! I’m seeing a lot of structures being created out of Birch wood and new berms with no drainage that will lead to lots of new puddles in the trail. There are some great techniques I can tell you about and materials you can use that will make for a much longer term trail repair. Using Birch is dangerous as it rots faster than other wood, and is very brittle when used for bridges and berm supports. It’s also slippery when wet.

I really hate going in a ripping out new trail work, but this stuff is going to have to go to keep the trails safe and dry. It’s all about sustainability folks!

Again, I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate new folks building! We need more! But building with proper materials and techniques make less work for all of us right?

If anyone knows how to get in touch with these new trail elves, please contact me ASAP! I want to share the knowledge!

Geoff Murray
(902) 476-5680
peibikeguy@gmail.com

Thanks! And Happy Trails!