Shubie Park - Warning

there was also rumors of snare type traps put in some of the footpaths between the grey gravel paths, in the past year…s

In the last year or so there has been a murder in Shubie Park, a runner was dragged into the woods sexually assualted in Shubie Park and just last night, at 9 pm (?!), someone was stabbed in Shubie Park.

Most of us don’t really ride this type oft rail very often but I ride there solo a lot when it is too wet for the woods, when the trails are snow covered or at night. I have been there as late as 11 at night and ALWAYS come across someone walking by themselves and without a light. I often crank up my ipod, turn on my light and give 'er. Its probably not too wise to do so. The sexual assault and murder took place during the day so anything can happen any time.

I am just posting this to remind everyone to be careful, to use common sense and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Ride with someone as often as you can.

I don’t know what the point of my post is other than to remind/warn everyone of this situation

Wow, scary stuff. Great advice on being cautious.

The body was found in Vivien’s Way so I am reluctant to ride in there as it gives me the creeps. I road the BLT trail one night and thought I saw a man standing in the woods … creepy. I’d sooner take my chances on the road if I am riding alone.

You just have to make the crazy people believe that you are craier than they are. In my case and a for a few others on this site it is a very easy task.
Muddy… by being in there at 11 makes me wonder if you are trying to get sexually assaulted. :wink: Bet you are dressed all sexy in spandex too.

You just have to make the crazy people believe that you are craier than they are. In my case and a for a few others on this site it is a very easy task.
Muddy… by being in there at 11 makes me wonder if you are trying to get sexually assaulted. :wink: Bet you are dressed all sexy in spandex too.
Dressed???