Speed Wobble

I tried it a few times, its tight to get in the left side where the cassette is

from what I read online, it could be my wheel out of dish or the triangles could be bent, I will have to check which one out is after work today

could this be from a replaceable dropout, sometimes they interfere just slightly with putting wheels in the frame. (the cassette/drivetrain side of the bike is the right hand side.)

Did you have the wheel trued? Whoever trued it should have checked the dish as well.

check that your quick release springs are not damaged or put on backwards which could interfere with putting the wheel on.

[quote=“bent6543”]

could this be from a replaceable dropout, sometimes they interfere just slightly with putting wheels in the frame. (the cassette/drivetrain side of the bike is the right hand side.)

Did you have the wheel trued? Whoever trued it should have checked the dish as well.[/quote]

not sure what a replaceable drop out looks like, the derailleur has to be sprung out of the way to get it in the frame. it was the left side to me when it was upside down. Haha

I did have it trued, not sure if they checked the dish, but I would think they would have

[quote=“bent6543”]

check that your quick release springs are not damaged or put on backwards which could interfere with putting the wheel on.[/quote]

I’m going to give it a good inspection tonight, I just quickly put it on the bike last night. didn’t do much fiddling

sorry I meant to say a replaceable derailleur hanger not replaceable dropout in my other comment. Moving the derailleur to get the wheel in is normal and it should be shifted into the smallest cog to make it easier.

Just a personal preference but I never put wheels on a bike with the frame upside down. When the bike is right side up on the ground the weight of the frame helps set the axles in the dropouts evenly (assuming you have vertical drop outs).

it does have vertical dropouts, that makes sense. I may try that as well

You can always put the rear wheel in backwards, if it’s a road bike, and see if it goes closer to the opposite side. If it does, it’s the wheel. To check for a bent frame, run a string from the dropout, around the headset/steertube, and to the exact matching spot on the other dropout. There should be an equal gap between the string and the seatpost on each side of the seat post. If one side is much worse than the other, the frame is off.

chek ur cabels

I managed to get the wheel on there nice and even. got ~100 psi in both tires, now i just need time & weather to test it out

finally got it out for a quick run. did the same route and the wobble was pretty much gone, any shimmy that I had probably came from my inexperienced road bike form, and maybe some strong winds.