Spider lake

Unknown trail needs packing bad it was boot bombed severely… I don’t think my humps is even remotely rideable so some snow shoes would help there too

1 Like

Replicator and Ribbon were ok last night, but everything else was really messed up, had to work for it, our fatties smoothed some of it but it still needs to set up

1 Like

Jen and I are going in this afternoon to flatten some runs out, hopefully the freezing rain Monday and Tuesday packs some fatty highways down :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Working now. Looks very promising

3:21 of time in the woods. Only to be told by a trail runner to “look out, comin thru” at 0* on ribbon of love :disappointed:

Well hopefully it will be in great shape after the rain and freeze.

14 Likes

Didn’t get there today. Gonna try to get rhetr tomorrow morning

1 Like

Thanks Looks great

Great news!
A combination of Mother Nature and the prepatory efforts of the snowshoeing/fatbiking masses have created fantastic conditions in Spider.

Front trails close to the trailhead are a bit rougher and have some icy spots but get increasingly smoother as you go back. Sunset and Cobra Kai are heavenly.

The Horseshoe is now open but narrow since the Snowdog (aka: Jon Burgess)
only had 5” wide tires in 15 cm deep crusty snow! :sweat_smile:Poker Run is also open.

Pretty easy to put together 15k without repeating yourself.

Go ride it, go enjoy it, go blow off some steam.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLabwnVH4Ra/?igshid=1a4j58y5a0zat![image|500x500](upload://mRJKHH96AeozZXi6NY2r02FiB7i.jpeg)

10 Likes

Is it good for skinnies now TT?

3 Likes

Yes sir, should be fine for all bikes by morning, go giv’er and thanks for your patience man! :+1:

9 Likes

1998 Wants your skinny 1.9-2.1 ties back.

1 Like

:rofl::joy: I enjoy the skinny studded tires. Not sold on the fat bikes yet. Hard to break me away from the old school :facepunch:

I’m just making fun of the term. I ride regular tires at that 2.35. They are not skinny.

4 Likes

Take a road bike through sunset strip

1 Like

Conditions are very good hard packed snow for most of the trails
Some ice in spots and around 1:00 some sunny side hills we’re getting soft
It would be a great night ride before the snow tonight
Maybe snowshoe tomorrow

5 Likes

Agreed, conditions are great ATM, will be really good for those riding this evening as the granular surface freezes up and offers even more traction. Studs not necessary but leave 'em on if ya got 'em.
A few of us planning to fatbike around 8am tmmrw to pack down tonights snow provided by don’t get surprise clobbered w deep amounts. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

I found the conditions to be mediocre last night. Many soft granular or sandy like conditions in the snow and a narrow track.

2 Likes

Not sure if the guy with the Orange Blizzard I was talking to this evening while putting my crank back on is on here, but while riding back I found my pre-load cap on the trail halfway back to the truck!

3 Likes

RSD Mayor actually :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Glad to hear you found it!

4 Likes

Any insight on the conditions of late? Considering a ride tonight or tomorrow morning.

I’m heading in mid-day today. I’ll report back after.

6 Likes