STATE OF EMERGENCY - where to ride

so.

1 Like

If people think they are getting exercise by walking around the block as backstab McNeil says, they are are in for a surprise. No better time to go for a ride in the woods.

2 Likes

Maybe they could have respect for @Lawrence and the MWRA and all the work they have done to get the only legal singletrack in all of HRM, that’s what.

5 Likes

With the dozens of parks and trails around HRM and Nova Scotia I doubt there’ll be any impact there. I’m sure people are using trails all over, and special thanks for the confusion our politicians created to make sure we can all plead ignorant.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ugh, that sucks. Does the ban apply to all of fight trail or just the official stuff. Or is everything covered by the mrwa?

1 Like

This has more detail on the overall… basically stay home.

1 Like

It looks like the going rate for ignorance is $1000.

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to avoid the BLT until today. I’ve had it with vehicles in town. But from what I did notice a lot of people are driving to and using the trail. Friends are still getting together to walk.

I rode alone, up to Whooper. Saw 8 ppl in there, 4 hikers, 3 cyclists and a fire bug. Some dude rode his bike out to the lake loop junction close to the rock cut and had a fire going. Advised him there is a province wide fire ban and emergency personnel don’t need to be dealing with forest fire bullshit right now.

But yeah, still a lot of people gonna ruin it for the rest of us.

4 Likes

Good! I’m tired of people thinking this isn’t real or that the rules do not apply to them. This sucks equally for everyone but it’s for the better good of public health. I hope to see more people getting fined and hopefully everyone will fuck off just the right amount so we can avoid a lockdown and get things moving by summer. Now is not the time to plead ignorant, now is the time for enforcement :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I ended up going out today and riding some street (minimal gnar factor… a lot of practicing skinnies on curbs). Farthest distance from my place was about 1.5 km, and avoided all the parks. It felt great to get out in the awesome weather, but not going to push it.

I saw lots of people out, and for the most part, they were all distancing themselves. I feel like the vast majority of people are being smart about this. But to the few who aren’t being smart, there has to be penalties.

5 Likes

https://ecmtb.net/t/2020-pic-from-every-ride/8744/137?u=kerrmitc

Sorry about all the posts, but I must say I am rather conflicted about this. Seems like the McIntosh Run Watershed Association took it upon themselves to close the trails, but this is not a catch-all type of closure according to the Province (and our counselor). :man_shrugging:

Adams is talking about the Active Transportation trail not the singletrack trails. All the trailheads of the McIntosh Run singletrack trails are considered municipal parks and are closed. This is why MRWA closed the trails.

1 Like

With trails closed I’ve been working on some wooden modular pieces to play with In the driveway.

All Municipal Parks and trails are also closed but the MWRA made their own announcement.

1 Like

It sucks but they are indeed closed, the better we follow these guidelines now the sooner they will be lifted. Please stick to your local sidewalks! Welcome to the site, happy riding and stay safe!

1 Like

Ahh crap! Well that sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

You can ride Whooper.

1 Like

Cool thanks! I wonder if the Range Loops / Gravel Pit trails are fair game too (not sure of name…the ones by the Cell Tower road owned by NS Power by the 102/101). I’d imagine so long as you don’t park at the gate.