Stolen white and blue Scott road bike?

I picked up some well used ultegra SPDs from Kijiji tonight for a good price. Didn’t think much of it until I saw the person I bought it from riding away (they met me outdoors as if they lived at the building we met at). The building was a nice apartment building, not exactly a place you’d be surprised to meet someone selling some nice pedals for a nice price to get it done with. Anyway, after I bought the pedals they rode away on a very expensive looking road bike that I noticed they put dirt cheap plastic flats on. I hadn’t noticed the bike until after I was on my way back to my car.

Anyway, I’m certainly not going to contact the police just because someone’s choice of pedal doesn’t add up with their choice of bike. But if it turns out someone knows of a stolen Scott matching the description, I’ll provide the name they’re operating on on Kijiji and of course return the pedals if they turn out to be stolen. Sadly all these red flags went up after money and pedals changed hands and I’m not happy about the situation one bit.

7 Likes