Suspension service?

No problem. Not sure. Best thing to do is give them a call.

1 Like

I was in the Bike Peddler and they said they do fork work. If you do end up going there I would like to know how you make out. It is so much better to get the work done locally in a few days instead of sending away for weeks. Not only would it cost less (I hope) and be much faster but you would be supporting a local business.

3 Likes

Sending them away does not take too long. A local shop still has to order in the correct parts too. I’m skeptical that this shop does any serious suspension work beyond seals and oil. Change my mind. In my experience all of my forks get sent away if they need anything more than seals and oil, when you drop them off at the bigger fancier shops.

Agreed, what did you have done beyond oil, seals, and dust wiper r&r? In the old days you could add bushings to the mix (in the case of a bomber) as well. The above is a standard repair for any shop in metro.

We have done damper service on most Rockshox, we have been trained by SRAM in the different service intervals and have the correct tools to perform the job. We have worked with the old Marzocchi Canada service center to service cartridges from older 55’s that always had problems with the ATA travel adjust. We have also had good success with IFP service on rear shocks and have experience with Cane Creek, Fox, Magura, DT, Rockshox, X Fusion, Manitou, and Marzocchi.
We are also not afraid to tell you if it would be better to send it in to S4 for service. We offer much better shipping rates than most people can get on their own. Our goal is to get you back on your bike ASAP.

9 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got a good thing going, keep it up!

If anyone is interested in sending their shock to S4 for service, they currently have a deal on that if you send multiple shocks, you get a discount. Currently I am planning to send my shock, along with 2 other guys, giving us each a 15% discount. If we find a 4th, we all get a 20% discount. Looking to send our shocks in about a week. If anyone is interested, send me a private message.

2 Likes

PM’d

Hey Guys just to let you know I have recently opened a suspension service shop on PEI. Check out @islandbicycleservices on facebook, or www.islandbicycleservices.com. I service shocks, forks, and dropper posts. Feel free to email me at islandbicycleservices@gmail.com for more information. Thanks!

2 Likes

The Pike is the easiest fork Ive ever worked on. Follow the service manual to a t. Saved my pike from obliteration by dammaged seals!

2 Likes