The Armoured statement

I bought elbow pads and knee pads from Coffin Skate. Along with supporting a local business, I was able to try-on the gear to make sure it fit properly (always a gamble when ordering online…). The elbow pads and knee pads both of hard shell exteriors, and the knee pad shells can actually be replaced if you crash and crack them (instead of replacing the whole knee pad). Definitely recommend checking them out. I’ve been riding in my pads for nearly a month and I’m super pleased.

1 Like

Website only for now as a new location is coming mid August. I just walked down and the 3008 Oxford location is empty.

Thanks for the intel guys!

Any reccos on peddling friendly knee protection ? Not sure I want a full on knee pad but something to buffer the skin on a granite crash

I have a pair of G-Form knee pads that I wear most of the time. I’ve never even thought about them while pedaling and, while I fortunately haven’t given them an extreme test, I’m confident they would provide plenty of protection on granite.

Ill have to try the knee pads. Ive got the g form elbow pads and love them. Bought a pair of troy lee knee pads on chain reaction and i have to use shin pad tape to keep them from slipping. Pretty dissapointed in them for a good brand name

anyone know anywhere in the city with knee/ shin guards in stock atm? not sure what size I am but im guessing either a medium or large.

I just bought a large pair of 7iDP Sam Hill lite from giant Halifax on Wednesday. There was 1 other pair on the wall. They also had the elbow pads in large. Not sure if they are still there but it is the only place in HRM that I found with any stock.

1 Like

Just picked up some RaceFace Indy pads online, they had most sizes in stock, only took 4 days to arrive at my door

1 Like

Was the size chart accurate in your opinion?

Yeah I picked large as per the chart and they seem to fit well

1 Like

The 7iDP size guide was accurate. I did the measurements as per their recommendations, sit with knee bent at 90degrees and measure the thigh 6” above the knee. I was at the top of the med size and bottom of the large size. I went with large and didn’t have any discomfort or slippage on my 21k ride through Kentville on Sunday.

1 Like

As someone who takes precision anatomical measurements daily for work, things like 6" above the knee drives me nuts. From the center or the patella? From the joint center? This vagueness can be the difference of several inches, especially on a larger leg. Its like saying measure from your face to your earlobe…face meaning my nose, my eye…that is all… sorry continue enjoying your day…RRAAAgggeee!! …Ohhh brownies.

5 Likes