To Hydro Pack or Not

So for Elgin, 40 km who is/is not wearing a pack. I feel like I can manage 20 km to the feed station on a bottle, but unsure. What do the majority of people do?

1 Like

I’d take two bottles for 20km.

1 Like

I took two large bottles per 40k when I did the 120. At the time I only had a large pack. I will consider a small pack if I do it again.

1 Like

Wear it, grow the leg muscles to not notice the added weight…come-on squatch :stuck_out_tongue:

On a realistic note, what do you normally carry for a typcal 20-30 km ride comparible to the anticipated 20km? I can’t seem to drink enough water, and a sucker for punishment, willing to take both on typical rides (not sure if elevation compares though)

2 Likes

It depends. Social rides I tend to drink more water. If i ride alone i usually hydrate heavily then take a 750 ml bottle. With the cool air and no sun that bottle last 28 km with some left and 39 dry as a fart.

2 Likes

There’s gotta be some puddles / brooks/ streams somewhere along the way, no? :joy:

2 Likes

Squatch only drinks La Crosse and Coffee, starbucks preferably :wink:

1 Like

That’s because you haven’t had novacoffee my friend. Www.novacoffee.com , I roast the best stuff in the province :smirk: you’re in Truro area eh? Hit up NovelTea!

3 Likes

I’m just grinding yer gears bud. I’m all about Tim’s. Quality gut rot!

But yes next time I’m in the valley i do need to get some legit coffee!

1 Like
5 Likes