Trail Association Meeting

The secondmeeting of the tentatively named Ingram River Trail Association will be held at 7:30 PM on Microsoft Teams Join conversation.

The aim of this meeting is to discuss the formation of a trail association in the Head of St. Margarets Bay/Upper Tantallon area.

Our goal is to reach an agreement for the formation of a trail association in order to work towards the development of a single track trails network in the western crown lands.

If you are interested in volunteering with the trail association to work on developing a single track trail network in the western crown lands (former Bowater-Mersey lands) please join us.

2021-12-15T23:30:00Z2021-12-16T00:30:00Z

11 Likes

We’ve decided to move the meeting online due to the increase in COVID numbers and the associated restrictions.

3 Likes

It probably would’ve been a sausage fest at Cavicchi’s anyways

5 Likes

:rofl::laughing:

It’s a sad day when sausages get more clicks on a mountain biking forum than efforts to build more sanctioned trails.

2 Likes

Is there an update on this new trail org movement if one was interested in getting involved?

There is a facebook group, but it’s pretty dead. Upper Tantallon Trails Association

@supercraig, I’m sorry if my bad attempt at humour may have detracted in any way from your meeting or trail association efforts. I’ve sent you a DM.
Thanks for all your hard work to try to get more sanctioned trails for all of us.

1 Like

It’s all good man. Those sausages are delicious.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you were not able to gain the critical mass needed to continue, @supercraig.

Sorry to hear as well. Volunteers can be hard to come by.

Considering the strong volunteer base at MRWA, and organizations like MTB Halifax, I have been hoping that volunteering will grow among the mountain biking community. Maybe we need to promote the volunteer culture in the mountain bike community?