Trail Suggestion

I’m new to the forum and just Recently got back into Mountain biking don’t know too many good trails around HRM if anybody can suggest a nice fast bumpy trail that be awesome. weather permitting I would like to go tomorrow 9 AM Anyone that would like to come and show me the ropes that Would be great

Where: < where >
When: < date, time >
Difficulty: < skill level assessment for trail system >

Notes: < requires lights , dress warmly, bug spray >

• Yes, see you there!
  • No, wish I could.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

This is not an official ECMTB ride.

2 Likes

Welcome to the site, Sandy!

1 Like

Well your bio suggests you live near timberlea, if thats the case I suggest checking out the Links At Brunello skills park and trails, they’re brand new and lots of fun

1 Like

my buddy and I went and killed that the other day It’s pretty awesome can’t wait to see what else they do there

2 Likes

Thank you for having me can’t wait to get out on a good ride

1 Like

@Sandy_Eisener you’re always welcome on our group rides. Every Tuesday at 7pm year round. We try to ride a different trail each week depending on the conditions. It’s a great way to learn the trails around Halifax and meet some like minded folks.

2 Likes

The big trail system near Timberlea is Whopper. A lot of tech with roots and rocks but it’s a blast.

Even just entering from Da Minion and hitting powerlines or flipside trail is fun.

Lake loop is a blast down to lake over granite features with a tech climb out.

Might just go check that out after family barbecue thank you

1 Like

Awesome really appreciate it where do you think you’re headed this Tuesday

Will depend on the weather and trail conditions. We usually decide and post on Mondays.

Be sure to check out the Trailforks app/website. It’s the best source for maps and info.

1 Like

Im also new to this site. U just post in here what trails your hitting week to week?
Id like to try some trails around hrm but none of my buddies really ride amd riding by yourself can be a little dangerous

They have a official group ride every Tuesday at 7:00 pm usually announced Monday evenings. Anyone Including yourself that just wants to go out for a ride can post on the forum to see if anyone wants to go.

1 Like

Yep every Tuesday, year round. No fees or memberships required. Just show up and ride. If you are under 16 though you will need an adult with you.

1 Like

Right on. Thanks

1 Like

It’s a bit of a drive out of town (about 10 min. after the airport, but Nine Mile River is a good newbie trail (although I am a bit biased :slight_smile: ). It’s pretty much an in-and-out (don’t bother with Hemlock Loop as it’s badly in need of maintenance) so it’s pretty hard to get lost.

4 Likes