Trails under the MacKay Bridge?

nope, the city changed a bunch of stuff leading to the bridge and they happened to be in the way.

I had another one of those “thoughts while in the cube van” while coming across the bridge. When coming to Dartmouth, if one looks on the D’mth side one the right, there is some birchy woods along the shore and behind those abandoned buildings. I saw a few paths, but I was really wondering if it was big enough for a mountain bike park. Like a mini Wrandee’s where people could park and ride. I don’t know if it would be quite big enough, but something along the lines of the stuff they have in New York City. At least it would be a start. Any thoughts?

I think there used to be dirt jumps or something under one of the bridges. Not sure what became of them. Might be worth approaching the city and Bridge Commission and finding out how amenable they are to utilizing such an area for recreation.

two ridable paths, lots of lumps (sharp slate and shale covered by moss) trees that grow close together (lots of roots) not much loam to work with (probably need dirt brought in to smooth things out)

But it might make for a sweet rough trail? Me likes rough. There is sand on the beach that might be useful to pack into the rock here and there. It has a stickyness to it that only the harbour can explain…

I think there used to be dirt jumps or something under one of the bridges. Not sure what became of them. Might be worth approaching the city and Bridge Commission and finding out how amenable they are to utilizing such an area for recreation.
yeah on the hfx side, brandan’s and chris’ handiwork. nothing stranger than being in mid jump staring oncoming motorists in the eye. mind you on the safe side of the gaurdrail.

Are those jumps still there?