Trip for 4 to Sugarloaf Mountain Bike Park in NB

Hi All,

My colleague and I are doing a silent auction to raise money for The Arthritis Society. The prize is pretty sweet and I think a lot of you might be interested! I wish I could go myself!

You get **round trip transportation for 4 **with Via Rail to Campbellton New Brunswick, a night at the **Super 8 Hotel **and **4 lift passes to the Sugarloaf Moutain Bike Park **with access to their dh and xc trails. The bidding starts at 100$ so that means you could potentially get all of this for 100$!
Here is the link for more info or to bid: 32auctions.com/organizations … ems/150275

I don’t mean to solicit anyone - just thought that this group of people might be interested :slight_smile: Sugarloaf boasts itself as the only Atlantic Canadian bike park with trails that are accessible by mountain lift. The newly expanded, downhill bike park was designed and built by Gravity Logic, the company who built the # 1 bike park in Whistler, BC.

Feel free to contact me personally if you have more questions! :slight_smile:

Sugarloaf is great! And a great cause!

Will VIA take bikes, or is it rent-a-beast?

Sounds like an awesome trip, though!

You surrrre can take your bikes on the train :slight_smile:

Well folks, get on this one! Sounds like an awesome time.

You can take your bike on VIA Rail Trains for a $20 per bike baggage fee. You don’t even need to box them up, they will give you a big plastic bag to put them in. When I’ve gone on the train from Halifax I boxed mine to keep them protected and easier to manage plus you can stuff it with all your gear. VIA will not accept liability ($250 max) for damage if it isn’t in a box. Apparently they will provide a box for you but I’ve never done that.

see “oversize sports equipment” at viarail.ca/en/useful-info/ba … ed-baggage

I will now take the train anywhere instead of planes, when applicable. I love trains, and bikes. This is awesome. Not to de-rail the thread.

Groan!